﷯ ﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯ ﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯
"" ﷯﷯;" ﷯﷯﷯﷯"" ?

Friday, September 12, 2008

Wild idea???

Yesterday, I bit the bullet!! The girls have been begging and begging, Tyra especially, for about a year now to do karate. Tyra's friend Amanda is in karate there and asked her a couple weeks ago to attend a karate deal with her. Tyra went, and I have heard nothing but karate this, karate that, etc., etc., every since. We went up there earlier this week to get some information about it. When I heard 2 things..... price and contract..... I was ready to turn around and run!! Needless to say, for 2 kids to do this, I could be purchasing me a Mini-Cooper car that I want very badly, but not feasible with 3 little kids!!

Putting the initial "wow" aside once I heard the price and a 2-year contract, I went home and sat on it. I remembered what Tyra's doc and old principal told me that some type of martial arts is excellent for children with ADHD, autism, etc. It is an extremely focused sport with lots of discipline, structure, energy release, mental thinking, etc. They all highly recommended it, but I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and pretty much thought it was for boys. There was a lady in there and her son that participates has autism. She said it was the best thing that she ever did and she would give up her car if she needed to just to keep him in the class that it was so beneficial to him in all aspects.

After observing a class the other night for about 2 hours, I decided that ya know, maybe this isn't such a bad thing after all and that in deed, the doc and principal may have a good idea going. I talked to Jim, who probably about dropped the phone to pick his tongue and eyes up off the floor once hearing the price, but we decided that for everything you get, 3 times a week for 1 hour each time, uniform, weapons, etc., the price probably was too bad, although, neither of us really have a clue what a "normal" price is.

A day later, the girls are enrolled and had their first session last night. Jimissy's suit was WAY to big and so we are waiting for them to order a smaller size. I thought it was bad when I wore a size 0, but Jimissy needs a 00!!!! The girls loved their class last night and so far, I think we made a good decision. Still not happy about the price or the contract that we had to sign for the length of time they will attend, but if it needs to be broken, hopefully we can work something out.

Tyra and Jimissy getting 1-on-1 instruction on a couple "everyday" moves, stance, etc.

Tyra and her friend Amanda who got her interested in this.

Jimissy practicing (mad as she does not look like everybody else).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment