Monday, November 19, 2007
I believe the children really enjoyed the trip and Holly's wedding, but definitely glad to hear that we were heading back home. Ryan & Tricia called us as we were leaving with a great route to take that was very scenic and great to look at and boy were they correct. Some beautiful scenery. We kept telling the girls to look at the trees, the mountains, etc., and we heard from Tyra, "Wow Mom, okay, oh boy, jingle bells, batman smells, etc., etc." I really do not think they cared at all. Jim asked Jimissy, "How many trees do you see out there...1 million...who cares!" We had a lovely ride home...without getting lost this time thanks to Dad & Kaye in loaning their Garmin to us (AKA GPS) as we got lost on the way there with me asking Jim...."Why do I keep seeing these signs that we are on 76 West???" (that was on the way out east!!) Don't ask Jim about that as he will probably starting sweating!! We were making great time until the mountains in Pennsylvania where we hit rain and fog really bad. Jim was not trusting Mr. Garmin in Ohio and was so burned up mad that we did not have a Ohio map. I told him that is why we had Mr. Garmin, but he insisted we needed one!! So, after the long haul, again DO NOT ASK JIM about finding a rest area or gas station or a Denny's......we FINALLY FOUND A WENDY'S!!! What a joke to follow directions to a restaurant that did not exist anymore!!
I then finally stopped driving as soon as we hit the Indiana border at midnight Monday night/early Tuesday at a Waffle House and slept in the van until the rain let up for about 3 hours. Got up at 3:30 in the morning and I took off driving again until just after Indy where I was pulling off to let Jim drive after I about wiped us out in rush hour half asleep! I got yelled at for pulling into the wrong drive to the gas station only for Jim to realize that I accidentally pulled into a White Castle and his madness was all OVER!! He got a case of sliders, coffee, the wheel and got us back at 8:04 in the morning to K-9 Country Club in Mattoon to get Pluto from being boarded...another thing NOT to ask about!! Glad we are home, but had a wonderful time and glad we went. BIG THANK YOU TO JAY, HOLLY, DAD, & KAYE!!!
Jimissy prior to loading up..
The gals prior to loading up with Jim in the background loading up the red van0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


