﷯ ﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯ ﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯﷯
"" ﷯﷯;" ﷯﷯﷯﷯"" ?

Friday, June 20, 2008

As this weekend is here, it was a year ago that I decided I was going to "attempt" quitting smoking. I smoked my last cigarette in the pack and was on my way to head out the door when I decided that I would see "how long I could go" without purchasing another pack of cigarettes. A day went by...not easy at all...thinking about it CONSTANTLY, but made it. Day two arrives. Still thinking "why quit?" I made it though, it came and went, no cigarette. Day three arrives....well, still thinking about having one and how nice it would be to have one, but why...I got 3 days under my belt, so we will see how long I can go!! A week goes by and still amazed that I managed to move and STILL throughout the moving, painting, etc., etc., no cigarette and to my surprise, I hadn't even thought much about it since I got this far and had been so busy.
A year later, sometime this weekend...didn't write down the exact date, as I did not believe I would succeed, I have quit smoking. I will honestly admit that I have probably had 3 cigarettes since I quit, but they tasted so BAD and gross, like the first time I started, that it amazed me that I could even smoke.
Any way, celebrating a milestone... 1 year this weekend that I quit smoking!!!

7 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Congratulations! The last cig I had was in a corn field some 65 years ago. Mom caught us smoking corn silks or I should say, "trying" and after that, I never tried again. I am so thankful! My Dad quit "cold turkey" when he was 45 after more than 20 years. It must be tough! You are too busy to smoke anyway! Grandpa Max
    Namaw Kak said...
    Congrats!!! As with anything you just have to decide to do it. Sounds like you did. Congratualtions again.
    Kathy
    Anonymous said...
    congratulations --- you certainly attained a great goal!!!!! we are sooooo proud of you--love, gram
    Debbie and Phillip said...
    You go girl. Wish I had half of your willpower! Keep bugging me!
    Macnme said...
    Thank you everybody! It was hard to do, but I am very glad I did it. I hated hearing all the stuff that the kids were saying, but glad they are learning it at school and hopefully they will never start!! Glad I quit and I honestly can't believe I made it a year!! Thanks for everybody's support and nagging!!

    Love to all,
    Carla
    ~Justin&Meg~ said...
    Wow! That's great! I didn't realize you had quit. Do you feel better now?! Justin said he used to go out running w/ all his army gear on puffing away on a cig--funny how it seems like two conflicting activities! Thankfully he quit before I met him. Well, keep it up. Congrats!!

    Meg
    Macnme said...
    Meg, if you would believe this, I actually feel worse!! My body feels like it needs oiled...I feel like the Tin man and need an oil can. I have talked to a few people who felt the same way. All my major joints really hurt and feel "dry." Apparently the nicotene is good for something!! hahahaha Other than that, I feel no different, food tastes the same, etc., etc. I think the rest of the stuff is a myth. I used to be like Justin too. Go out to jog or run or do something strenuous and need a smoke, whether it be during or after!! Glad to have quit for the girls sake though. I definitely don't miss the smell on my clothes, hair, or self though!!

    Carla

Post a Comment