Saturday, June 7, 2008
Apparently, I have a correction here. I just heard on the news last night that we indeed did have a tornado go through here on Friday. It was classified as a F-1 tornado with wind speed at around 96 miles an hour!! It was a wonder why I thought the storm was different and had NEVER seen or heard anything like that before.
We had some severe storms yesterday. A lovely cop stopped by to inform me that I needed to move our tree off the road....like I can do that myself. I informed him it was me and 3 kids under the age of 9, so I needed some help. He popped open his trunk and pulled out a hand saw and said that was all he had. We cut the branches to the point we could roll the tree back off the road to cars could go through. Tyra I think gave a new meaning to the term "laid an egg," Pluto was shaking as if he was getting the "shaken baby syndrome," Jimissy remained fairly calm, and Bradyn was "screaming like a girl" in Jimissy's words. Lots of rain and wind, so bad that we could not even see the deck outside our window!!
2 Comments:
-
- Anonymous said...
07:29That's crazy. We had a couple "take shelter" moments but nothing like that & the flooding! I'd heard about southern & central Indiana & So. MO. but not So. Illi!!!- Macnme said...
12:57I can't even begin to tell you the sounds that I heard. I was so scared. I hate it when things happen and no other adult is here to help keep the girls calm. Especially when it comes to rain after the flood that we had, they get wound tight fast and it is hard to calm them down! All is getting better now and hopefully we will be drying out for a while!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










